#185: Love Is All



I was never a Dio fan, and frankly I was never a huge Black Sabbath fan.  Honestly I thought Ozzy Osbourne would have been the first Sabbath vocalist to die, but, well, wrong again.  Having said that, this video just brought tears to my eyes, for some reason.  Perhaps it might move others, and offer a happier memory of Ronnie James Dio than the usual repeats of Holy Diver or that bloody awful song Stars.

There's nothing I can really say about Dio that others can't and won't say far better, other than this song impacted upon me as a child more than Paranoid did, and this song still gives me warm fuzzies more than anything that Sabbath ever did.  So, in closing, I'll leave it to someone who knew Dio better than we did.

Ritchie Blackmore: "Ronnie had a unique and wonderful voice. He will be sadly missed in the rock and roll world."

Amen, brother, amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#288: Lick It Up

#205: Something Stupid (The Incest Song)

#210: Shaddap You Face