#293: Photograph

We did the holiday thing a short while ago, ended up in Melbourne where we caught the most amazing gig on New Years Eve - more on that later.  On the way we went through Bendigo and off to Kelly Country and Murchison, the latter was to seek out the long forgotten WWII German/Italian P.O.W. camps, long forgotten and sadly long gone.  There's not much there to see and what remains is either covered by long grass or crumbling into oblivion.  Still, as is my wont, where I go my camera goes with me, and I have a tendency to take as many photos as I can.  The joys of a digital camera means I can snap as many photos as my little heart desires.  If they're no good then I can delete them there and then, the rest come with me.  Brilliant!  Digital cameras have made my life a joy really.

Travelling can be both tiresome and interesting.  Driving isn't something I enjoy doing non-stop in the heat of the day, and Australian summers are damn hot indeed.  But for all of the bad hotel rooms, lumpy beds and noisy people in the next room rooting, there's moments of sheer euphoria and epiphany, such as what I experienced at the very top of Hanging Rock, sharing the crisp morning air with merely a lizard and a flock of butterflies.  Say what you want, but this is a wonderful country with much to see and experience.  And, for those who might be curious, here's just a few of the 500+ photos I took during the past two weeks.  I hope you enjoy them.  Personally I think the more I use the camera, the better I get at taking photos, but I'm happy to leave that open to the masses.

Stringybark Creek - this is the site of the legendary Kelly Gang shoot out
Ruins
Bendigo Cemetery
Bendigo Cemetery
Remains of a church
Hanging Rock

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#288: Lick It Up

#205: Something Stupid (The Incest Song)

#210: Shaddap You Face